Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011 - The Retrospective

I feel so completely disconnected from my knitting right this second.  I spent several days in Louisiana with my family to celebrate Christmas, came home & immediately left for Costa Rica with my inlaws for a week.  That setting really wasn't conducive to wool.  Let me assure you, sunscreen + sunburn + heat + more moths than I've ever seen really does not equal knitting mojo.  (yes, I did freeze every bit of yarn that I brought with me just in case, why do you ask?)

Here are just a few of the hundreds & hundreds of pictures I took while I was there:
Me at Manuel Antonio Park
Me at Manuel Antonio Park - Costa Rica

One of the many sloths we saw at Manuel Antonio Park (through the lens our guide had)
Sloth at Manuel Antonio Park, Costa Rica

It was hard to take a bad picture of this beach at Manuel Antonio Park, but this is one of my favorites:
the beach at Manuel Antonio Park, Costa Rica

I swear we went more places than that park, but I have so many great pictures it was a good place to start.  Well, one more.  Here is the view from the house where we stayed.  I took a picture of Patrick in the pool daily because he spent an awful lot of time in there (both with & without beer, scotch, rum, etc)  We actually spent a lot of time at the house because really, why wouldn't we?
Patrick hanging in our pool in Costa Rica

I might post more about the trip later, but I figured I would throw those pictures up now because my track record of trip reports really really sucks.

Are you ready to get back to the knitting?  Honestly, I'm not either because I can't stop obsessing about the pictures of Costa Rica, but I'll do my best.  I managed to get my numbers together for 2011- it's such a boring thing for everyone else, so let me take a moment to wish you a very Happy New Year & if you want to skip the rest of this I won't blame you one little bit.  As usual I like to have a LIST of everything I made in the year, because goodness knows having it all on Ravelry & tagged by year just isn't enough for my OCD brain.

Totals:  51 items (10 less than last year.  I blame all of the wash clothes I made last year)
Breakdown as follows:

Scarves - 10
Socks - 6 PAIR
Hats - 7
Wash clothes / towels - 2
Toys - 3 (all mini)
Shawls - 10
Cardigans - 2 adult, 4 baby
Other baby items - 2
Fingerless / regular mitts - 3
Sweater Sampler, which doesn't fit anywhere - 1

January – 1 baby, 1 shawl, 2 pairs socks, 1 hat, 1 scarf
Happy Baby Blanket
Simple Yet Effective #2
Flamingo Stripe Monkey Socks
Groovy Thorpe
Knit Clinic Preppie Socks
Savvy Scarf

February – 2 scarves, 1 shawl, 1 hat, 1 misc
Melody
It’s Good to Be Girl Shawl
Nouveau Bohemia
Sweater Workshop Sampler
La Novia

March – 1 hat, 1 scarf, 1 adult sweater
Quest
Lettuce Slide Scarf
Peasy Sweater

April – 1 scarf
Noro Melody

May – 1 scarf, 1 shawl, 1 pr socks
WM Poison No 5 Clapotis
LSU Socks
Mara in MT Fathom

June – 1 shawl, 1 scarf
Striped Study Shawl
Chroma Striped Scarf

July – 1 scarf, 1 pr socks, 1 pr mittens, 1 mini toy, 1 washcloth, 2 shawls
Shelburne Scarf
Pinata Socks
Eugenia’s Mitts
Tiny Zombie
Cotlin Washcloth
Ellie Shawl
Guernsey Wrap

August – 1 towel, 1 hat, 1 pr socks
Gridded Hand Towel
Bob Sockhead Hat
Loopy Striped Jaywalkers

September – 1 blanket, 1 baby dress, 1 shawl, 1 hat
Barn Raising Quilt
Clara Dress
Aspen Wrap
Sockhead hat Jitterbug

October – 3 baby cardigans, 1 pr socks, 1 shawl
Lace Edge Cardigan
No Purl Monkeys
Easy Baby Cardigan
Citron
Bitty Cabled Cardigan

November – 1 baby cardigan, 2 scarves, 2 shawls, 2 hats 
Garter Yoke Baby Sweater
Easter Egg Honeycomb Scarf
Shoulder Bling
Traveling Woman
Saroyan
Jayne Hat
Turn a Square Saints Hat

December – 1 scarf, 2 mitts, 2 toys, 1 adult sweater
Cranberry Garter Stitch scarf
Sweet Fern Mitts
LSU Mitts
 Tiny Santa
Curtis elf scarf
Featherweight Cardigan WM lace


Next time I'm going to address all of the WIPs I have.  Remember when I made my true confession last year?  Well it's time to revisit that & my "resolutions" for 2011 to see how I did.  I hope 2011 was good to you & 2012 brings you nothing but joy & happiness.  I'm truly blessed and can't really complain.  


1 comment:

Robin said...

Tasha, all the pix of sunny places was just what I needed today as I watch the snow fall. Your knitting output is awesome. Looking forward to seeing you at fall fling.