I never make resolutions because let's be honest, we never keep them & then we just feel guilty. At the end of the day, it's a promise to yourself that you have broken - and that's just not good for ANYONE's psyche. On the other hand, if you don't set goals for yourself, how are you ever going to achieve anything? You have to have a plan. Or some semblance of a plan. A list of sorts - and goodness knows I'm a fan of a list! So instead of resolutions - which sound dangerous close to promises, I'm going to just make a list & get it over with. I gotta tell you, I've always got a list going. I have to write stuff down or I forget - period. We need cat food when I visit Walmart? You had better put it on my list or by golly, our cats will starve. Period. So this list is really for me, though I like for everyone to know what I am doing so when you see me doing it you can be happy for me. The only thing I like better than having a list is crossing stuff off of it!
My plan for 2008:
* My main number one, concentrating on utilizing my books this year plan is this: I want to knit patterns from my books! When I was browsing my Ravelry account it was clear that I don't use my books. I have very many knitting books & I have knit out of exactly 3 if them. One of those - Last Minute Knitted Gifts - I borrowed from the library & made 2 projects out of it & decided I just needed to buy the book. I also used another book that isn't even mine - I have it stashed at my house in the DFW Chicks prize closet. Hey - don't judge me - you would too! SO....my plan is to pick one project from each book that I own - preferably one of the of patterns that made me buy the book in the first place (not a requirement since my taste & skill level has changed a lot in 2 years) and just knit something out of it already!
* Learn to knit socks using the magic loop method. I bought the needles for this because it was on my 2007 to do list. ooops.
* Learn to crochet. I stole this from Dawn. I didn't mean to, but I couldn't help it. I also recall that we both said this in 2007 as well.
* More sweaters. I have been getting this great sense of accomplishment from these finished sweaters & I have a dream of having a whole closet full of sweaters in a rainbow of colors to chose from.
* Make a hat that fits a real person, not a doll or a yetti. I don't think I need to elaborate on that statement. Don't twist the knife. Really.
* I refuse to make yarn resolutions. I have no idea what my 14 other personalities will do with the yarn this year, so there! I will knit up some that I have & I will buy some new. Is that vague enough?