Sunday, January 06, 2008

I Made a Hat!



Look - finally I made a hat. For those of you who are unaware, you can read about some of my hat history here. I've decided that for me hats are the new socks. The fast, small, portable project that I will do in between big projects. Today I made Hannah - it only took about 5 hours in this wonderful chunky yarn. I used June Carter in Cider Moon Cloud. It was a perfect pattern, perfect yarn, great experience. I even had these great buttons on hand so I'm done - plus the yarn came out of my stash. There is a hole in the back where you can put your ponytail! I admit this is a little big on me - but it did look better when I rolled the brim up a little. CUTE - on to the next one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the human (AKA Non-yetti) sized hat!
It's really cute, too. I knit a lot of hats but don't wear them... I always give them away. Maybe if I had one with a hole for my pony tail I'd wear it... I should try this!

elizabeth said...

Bravo! Cute pattern (somehow I missed this magknits - doh!) and love the yarn.

Anonymous said...

OMG - it actually fits a human head? You are off to a good start this year - lol. He he.