Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Still Casting on

Yes, I'm still casting on.  Since I last checked in I have cast on 3 new project.

The 19th Century Honeycomb Stitch Scarf in this Three Irish Girls Bryn
3IG Fingering Cashmere Bryn

A Girlfriend Market Bag in this very old stashed Sugar n Cream
Grrlfriend Market Bag

And tonight I'm casting on the Knit Gridded Towel in this yarn (also vintage stash!)
Gridded Towel

It is a fun exercise & I highly recommend it.  I've gotten a surprising amount of knitting done on these projects. Casting on with wild abandon is really a lot of fun & very freeing.  I have had to stop myself from casting on more than one project each day - how is that possible?

I have also have some comments about needles.  Sigh.  I do have a lot of needles.  So far I have had the sizes of all the needles I have needed, but I'm waiting for the day that I don't have what I need & have to pull from another project or (gasp!) buy more.  That was Patrick's very first comment when I mentioned the challenge, so I'm trying to keep my word that I'll have what I need to move forward on a daily basis.  I really don't see a need to buy more needles, but we'll just have to see.

Join the fun or plan your own month of casting on craziness!




2 comments:

Lina said...

Love the cast on craziness! I'm not sure I could do that, though... I think I'd be a bit scared to do it. ;)

lina
photoknitdog.com

Anonymous said...

You drank some crazy kool-aid, but you'll have some pretty stuff, so I guess thats ok!