Friday, October 27, 2006

New Projects

Man I've been doing some knitting though you wouldn't know it to look at my blog. So much for my once a week update. Here are some things I've been up to:

This is a hat for MOI in the new Patons SWS yarn in the Natural Pink colorway. We did a secret pal swap this month on our DFW Chicks with Sticks yahoo group & this was one of the yummy things in my bag. I just love the color and it was awesome to knit with.


Ok, this is also for me. I have been wanting a pink alpaca scarf & here it is - Cameo Faggot scarf pattern using Plymouth Chunky Alpaca yarn. I love knitting with this stuff. Muchly.


This is a gift for Patrick's dad using the same Plymouth Chunky Alpaca in ivory - obviously - knit in a basket weave pattern.


Fetching fingerless mitts knit with Debbie Bliss merino dk yarn that I found on sale - this was my first attempt at this Knitty.com pattern but be on the lookout for more, these are a gift but I'm in the middle of mitt #1 of my second pair.


This is an accidental knit if there is any such animal. I was walking with my Ipod the other day & it was really getting on my nerves - the whole having to hold it while I walk thing. I started dreaming up a really easy sock type thing that I could hang around my neck like the Ipod Shuffle. Here ya go! Knit with Caron Simply Soft in PANK obviously - really easy. This was my first attempt at knitting icord & I really enjoyed it. I am easily fascinated I suppose.

That's it for now folks! I have several projects OTN but I'm not naming them because several of them have "frog" written all over them.

3 comments:

Knitting Rose said...

So good to see all your FOs at one place. I LOVE that hat. The scarves are pretty - and the Ipod holder. Do you realize that you are now a 'designer'! yes - you are... don't fight it. You redesigned your hat and designed the ipod holder. Verryyy cool.

Becky said...

You HAVE been busy - I had no idea - he he.

Anonymous said...

Very busy this fall. The hat is GREAT!! The colors and striping are just gorgeous. The scarfs are very nice. I need to try to that Alpaca. I haven't knit with Plymouth's yet. The iPod carrier GREAT!