Friday, August 22, 2008

My new favorite thing

I feel like I'm way behind the times on this but I have just found Pandora radio. This has to be the greatest invention ever! You can create an account & it will customize radio stations for you to play while you are on your computer. You type in an artist or song that you love & it will find songs with the same general properties & play those as well. You can then tell it that you like those songs or not - the more information you give it the better it gets (much like the Amazon.com recommendations that seriously freak me out they are so accurate. {shiver}). I currently have the following stations on mine:
Duran Duran (my absolute favorite)
Maroon 5
The Bee Gees
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Kid Rock
Abba (much like the Bee Gees, as you can imagine)
Madonna - but when it starting giving me her new bullshit dance stuff I said I didn't like it, so it started into Like a Virgin territory & I told it I did like that. Now it sounds a lot like a Breakfast Club soundtrack in our office. HOORAY!

Hmmmmm, Breakfast Club radio. I might have to try that.

If you try it & find a "station" that you think I might like, let me know. I'd love to hear how you like it if you try it out.

Peace.

No comments: