Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wanna see something pretty?


Isn't it? Oh, I think it is. What is it, you ask? It's my newest sweater project - the Fylingdales Cardigan from A Fine Fleece. Only that picture on her website doesn't really do it justice & I'm not putting that flappy collar on it - I don't do well with a collar like that. There is some controversy about the name. The pattern as originally published clearly reads "fLyingdales" - which seems to only reference a Jethro Tull song, but the book clearly has "fYlingdales" - which is an area in England. Neither are in the dictionary & quite frankly, I don't really care. I only know it's pretty. I'm using Mmmmmmalabrigo worsted weight yarn in the color Red Mahogany colorway that I bought at The Knitting Nest in Austin when we went down to see Franklin in May. I am LOVING working with this yarn. It's so gorgeous & soft & buttery. I think it's great because I think of that weekend often while knitting with it - it's the perfect souveniur from the trip. I just started this sweater last Sunday so I've made great progress on it in a week. The fact that Patrick has been deployed again for a hurricane & it's a long weekend may have something to do with that. Gustav, go away please. Thank you.

In other news, I finished my kimono last week. As most of you know, I've been working on the stupid thing forever! Well, not exactly forever, I started it mid-December last year. It came out really pretty & can you believe it? I LOVE IT. I generally work on something for that long, try it on & don't really get that loving feeling. This is entirely different - it's really pretty. I do still have to block it before I wear it & I have to finish a whole lotta i-cord for my belt, but it's about half way done. I figure that makes it done. Not wear it tomorrow kind of done, but I could literally wear it in a few days if I could concentrate. Which I can't. So I will post a picture when I finish it completely & it's wearable.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Malabrigo color is sooo pretty! Can't wait to see how your sweater turns out.

The Knitting Aunt said...

Bring on the socks! See you tomorrow!