Thursday, November 17, 2005

Knitting for the fam





Well, when my family found out I was knitting, everyone was....skeptical. You have to understand, I used to be Ms. Corporate America & my Martha skills were limited to picking up bread or the plastic utensils for family functions. But since I am not working anymore, I am exploring my artsy side, and as far as I'm concerned, that includes knitting. So when they snickered I took it for a while & when I finally had enough, I said "If you laugh at me, I'm not making anything for you." Well, after they saw that what I was making was PRETTY, the attitudes shifted just a bit. At an extended family gathering yet another family member got wind of my new hobby & started cracking up. My sister quickly said "if you laugh you won't get anything, and her stuff is really pretty." Eureka!!!

On a trip to see my family a few months ago my Mom very respectfully asked if I planned to make her something because she would really like to have something that I made. So I sent this to her today: it's just garter stitch using 2 balls of Berroco Softy in Kiss. I don't know how to fringe, so this is as good as it gets for now.

No comments: