So I told you that I'd have stories from Disney World & figured they would be knitting related in some way. I have to tell you, from the time I left the airport until I got back home I didn't even touch a knitting needle. Well, I did, but only to show my nieces my socks that I am knitting. So no poking Goofy. It would have been funny though!
I could tell 100 funny stories, seriously, because my sister's kids are the bomb. I won't bore you to death, but I thought maybe I'd do quotable quotes bullet point style by child. Ready? ok. Here are the kids so you can see how stinking cute they are. Jordyn is 11 years old & has on the silver sparkly ears (don't know where she gets that from!) & Laken is 8 years old & is in the pink fuzzy ears with the tiara. The ears are very fitting. Just sayin.
* When I saw her at the airport "The plane ride wasn't nearly as bad as last time. It was so good that I think I might go on the plane back too."
* After riding the Star Wars ride "Where was the fun? I missed it?"
* "Aunt Tasha, if somebody else give you a baby, can I hold it?" A little background - this was hours after the ride on the bus one morning - I offered my seat to a family & the mom said they were fine but jokingly asked if I wanted to hold the baby. I said SURE! So I did. Imagine the looks on Jordyn's face when she looked up & said "Aunt Tasha, where did you get that baby?"
* We talked a lot about the fireworks show at Epcot & how much that must cost every night. On Friday we were riding past parking lots & saying how much it cost to park if you drive. Without missing a beat Jordyn said "I bet that's where they get all of the money for the fireworks." And she doesn't even have an MBA from Harvard.
* "I don't understand why they call it a runway. There isn't anybody running on it."
* "Everybody is happy in Disney."
* Declared both It's a Bugs Life & Honey I Shrunk the Audience as "absolutely horrible" - she hates the 3D shows, but there is something hilarious about an 8 year old saying stuff is "absolutely horrible." She has vowed never to enter another show that involves "those glasses"
* After riding Rockin Roller Coaster - "I didn't like it at all, I LOVED IT!"
* "I'm trying to get over my fears so I have to go on it." About riding a scary ride- I can't remember which one right now.
Notable quotes from the rest of us:
Stacey - "I'm in the happiest place on earth, I'm not going to be in pain!"
Mom - (upon me coming out of the shop in my leopard print ears) "She's going to grow up one day."
Me - (upon wearing said leopard ears for about 15 minutes) - "I think these might be sized for small children." (hates to admit Mom might be right AGAIN)
My favorite Disney themed tshirt worn by some random Dad at Magic Kingdom - "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
Maybe my favorite story is that on the last night we went to the Fantasmic! show (which, btw, is maybe my favorite part of the trip & you must must go if you've never seen it). At the end of the show a boat comes out & it has every character you can imagine on it. Seriously, like everybody. So when we were walking out, Laken proclaimed that she was very worried about Daisy because there had been a lack of Daisy all week, AND she wasn't on the boat (I did not notice, but my sister said she looked for her too because she was sitting by Laken & never saw her either). Laken is terribly concerned that maybe they have fired Daisy. My sister said maybe she was at home with Huey, Dewey, & Louie. Laken said that maybe DONALD should be home with them & DAISY should be at Disney World. She wanted to ask somebody, but we assured her that the guy selling light up ears from a cart probably didn't know anything about Daisy's fate. So she said she is going to write a letter. And she asked if she could sign my name to it too. I said sure, knock yourself out. It's just the funniest thing I've ever heard. She's really for real concerned about it too! And in all fairness, we didn't see much of Daisy.
Let me leave you with perhaps my favorite picture of Cinderella's castle EVER. My sister took this when we hit the park on Friday at 7am - the weather was that ugly. Cool picture though.
And me with Chip n Dale
WHHHHAAAAAA! I want to be back there right now!