Sunday, January 29, 2006

Did I mention I'm a yarn whore?



Oh yeah! I mean, I have a stash. I have a really big stash. But for whatever reason, I can't pass up a yarn bargain. And to make matters worse, then I choose a new project & go buy yarn to knit it!!! How crazy is that? This is my latest acquisition: Jewel Box from Big Lots for $1.99 a skein. My sister emailed me that her Big Lots had yarn on sale & she'd go check it out for me if I wanted her to. I tried to explain that yarn was like crack, you can't pass it up if you are addicted, so I wasn't going to even go there. Plus it's really hard to tell other people what you are looking for in yarn. Well, Big Lots is literally 1/2 mile from my house & I buy bottled water in bulk there. On a recent trip I innocently passed by the yarn aisle (HA) and found this - my fav is at the left, the "tiger" looking stuff! LOVE. The good news is that I just saw the exact same yarn at Joann's & Michaels for like $5 so it really was a bargain.

Here is my job today: I'm riffling through the dozens of knitting mags that I've picked up & matching projects to yarn that I HAVE. It will be done! Will update when I figure all this out. Sigh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a yarn ho shirt from Cafe Press --> http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_4/id_3003389/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t
They also have some other really funny knitting shirts that I won't mention here - lol!