Saturday, January 28, 2006

Going to the Olympics! Knitting, that is...




Yep, I joined the knitting olympics. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, author & fellow blogger at www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/, put out a challenge for a knit along that begins during the opening ceremony of the Olympics & you have to be finished your project in 16 days. That is also the day I leave for a girl trip for Vegas, so I may just have another bag to bring with me to put my winnings in (read, shopping loot since I don't really gamble)! I will be attempting the Berroco Toshiko Tote - it is my first attempt at felting & since I have primarily knitted scarves, I feel like it is a challenge for me. I will post a picture of my yarn (Damariscotta Mix) when I get it because the color on the site is such a bad representation - it's much more green.

Poor Patrick. See, one of the rules of the knitalong is this:
"While this is intended to be somewhat difficult (like the Olympics) it is not intended to ruin your life. Don't set yourself up for failure. (Olympic athletes may cry, but they do not whine pitifully, sob and threaten members of their family with pointed sticks because they haven't slept in five days. ) This is intended to (like the Olympics) require some measure of sacrifice, and be difficult, but it should be possible to attain."
Hmmmm, I read this to him & he's a little nervous. Simply because he actually has been poked with knitting needles & apparently it's not really pleasant! :) I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: