Sunday, January 08, 2006

Spiral Success




I love this scarf! It was so much fun to make. I made it from a pattern from the Lion Brand Yarn website called Spiral "Ruffle" Scarf with Homespun Yarn Prairie & edged with Moonlight Mohair in Rain Forest. I love this color combo. I was looking for a pattern using these two yarns because they were in a huge box of yarn that I got at a yard sale for $5. I chose this one because it was knit on circular needles & incorporated a yarn over, neither of which I had done.

I made this scarf originally as a Christmas gift for my stepmom. Well, I also needed a knitted gift for Patrick's grandma (she specifically asked / hinted for a knitted gift) & as time approached, it became very apparent that I didn't have time for a new project. Since I had a gift for smom, Gran got the scarf. Out of all the things I had finished, this scarf really fit her personality & she really seemed to love it - she even wore it Christmas day. But my mind wouldn't let it go that this was smom's gift! I made it with her in mind! And she seems to "get it" and appreciate my craft, so I bought more yarn & made another one. After all, her birthday is Jan. 11th! I knit it while we were at the beach on vacation, so it also has happy vacation beachy vibes knit into it! No sand though, I was on the balcony.

So Happy Birthday, Ms. Nancy, I hope you love it as much as I do. As a matter of fact, of all the projects I've made for others, I may have to make just one more. Just for me!

No comments: