Saturday, January 20, 2007

My New Goal

Just like most knitters I know, I have a lot of yarn. It calls to me in the store & begs to come home with me. I have been stashing up more & more lately because I made a little deal with myself. We are supposed to be doing some extra saving so we can buy a house & I have told myself that I'm going on a yarn diet. The past few months I stocked up since I'll have to be knitting out of my stash - I mean, right?

So here's what I've been doing. I am going through all of the yarn I have and deciding on a project for the yarn that I have. I figure if I don't know what to do with it I need to destash it, sell it on ebay, give it away....something. So you might see a pile of yarn on here with me begging for an idea for a project so I don't have to get rid of it. Right? MUST. KNIT. FROM. STASH.


Here are some of my most recent purchases though I think I know what I'm doing with all of it.
Sweet Georgia sock yarn a friend got me in California


I had a weak week. Weak as in weakness for staying away from yarn shops & the internet. Counter clockwise from the bottom left.....4 skeins of Knitpicks Shadow yarn to knit Carpathia. Of course it only takes one skein but I had to buy four???; Schaefer Anne in the most gorgeous purple / green colorway. It ended up being a gift but I took a picture before I parted withit & left it because it's gorgeous. Colinette Jitterbug in Bright Charcoal. Schaefer Anne in obnoxious neon colors. SWTC Karaoke for Fetching. It only takes one skein, so I bought two. Noro Silk Garden Lite for Argosy. Wow. That makes me look like such a Knitty.com follower! Which I guess I am.....


This is Rowan RY Classic brand Silk Wool & the beads to go along with it. I took a class at The Shabby Sheep on beading & making the Beads of the Earth scarf from Scarf Style. I'm awfully glad that I took the class & I love that scarf. I'm not generally drawn to green but how many pink scarves can a girl own? (currently 3, but that's not the point)


This is the yarn I bought when we went to New York City over the Thanksgiving holidays. Karabella Chamelon & some naked worsted to hand paint.



I have more but I'll take pictures when it A) comes in the mail or B) I feel like pulling it all out.
Pretty, huh?

No comments: