Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Retreat! Retreat!

And we did. 10 members of our local DFW Chicks with Sticks group went on a weekend knitting retreat at Arabella Gardens in Lindale, TX. First I must give a shout out to the B&B - the food was so freaking good & our hosts were uber hospitable. We basically took over the whole place and they let us leave our knitting bits everywhere. We left our bags in the main house, walked around in our pjs, everything I do at home so it felt...well....homey. We had a stitch marker class where I made these:

I know it's a bad picture & to be honest most of my stitch markers were total cheaters. I found some cute bracelets at a garage sale for less than a dollar so I took it apart & just added jump rings to the charms. Cheater stitch markers are still functional. Three of those are authentic though.

A needle felting class where I fixed my Noni carpet bag. It deserves it's own post so I'll talk about it later.


This is what I bought at the yarn shop near the B&B - Rose Path Weaving
This is such a great shop & if you are ever in that area I suggest a visit. It's a small friendly shop with an amazing selection. Clockwise from top left:
Rio de la playa yarn (much like Manos), Berroco Lazer FX mirrored yarn that was in the clearance bin, naked sock yarn - lots of it, Lorna's Lace (gifted from Lise - since it's my favorite colorway in the world & so me), Koigu KPPPM in green/yellow, Lorna's Laces in Camouflage, Zitron Loft yarn - isn't it beautiful? Pink Wildfoote. Proud of me? I didn't even BUY that pink & brown yarn. Ok, I bought the pink Wildfoote but whatever. I'm back on the yarn diet, that really did a lot of damage to my budget.


This is the yarn that Liz & blogless Betty dyed. It was all so freaking gorgeous. Mine is an aqua/purple silk and I completely love it. I just put it in a good smelling bath so I'll post it as soon as it's dry again.

We had much fun & lots of memories, I'm sure I'll be back to tell a few stories or will at least mention it again. The highlight of the trip for me was going into "town" in sheep ears - the ladies are the yarn shop didn't seem the least bit surprised but I think the people at Walmart questioned our sanity. Whatever they need to have some fun!

Lise
blogged much more about the retreat if you want to go visit.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had great fun. Totally jealous. Hope I can make it next time.

Anonymous said...

OK - Liz and BB were definitely mad scientists with the dye - very pretty yarn!