Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Clappy!


Here is the beginning of my Clapotis. (to view what it will look like when I'm done you can click the link under "projects of interest). I figured I had to have a reason that I bought this yarn & it came to me last week - it needs to be my clappy! As a fellow knitter points out, this project surely sounds like an STD but instead it is a pretty shawl / wrap. It was a bear to start (I frogged it probably 15 times? no lie) but now that I've got a handle on the pattern it's fun to knit. I get to bring it with me when I travel on Thursday!



Well, this is the scarf that I made with the Marble yarn that I purchased at the DFW Fiber Fest. I was obsessed with a basket weave pattern & had to knit one for some reason - I have no clue as to why! I bought this yarn specifically for Patrick's mom because she loves fall colors & wears them often. I figured I'd get a jump on her September birthday & be done. Well...I've heard knitters say that yarn didn't want to be what they had planned & I thought it sounded insane. Now I get it. After knitting about 5 inches of this scarf I told Patrick "this is a boy scarf, not a mom scarf". Period. It's a boy scarf! It looks manly & I really really love it, but it's not hers. I'm not sure who the owner will be, but I'm thinking I can make a hat and put a few more inches length with the additional yarn that I have & poof - it becomes a Christmas gift. Now I just have to figure out which of the men in my life would actually USE a scarf / hat combo! I do have to say that this yarn is great - so easy to work with and for acrylic it is surprisingly soft. I awful glad since I have a huge pile of it to make a sweater for myself.

That's it for now. I'm leaving tomorrow to go see my little sister graduate from high school. It's so hard to believe that she is 18 & going off to college. But I'll be happy to get to see everyone. LATER!

No comments: